Thursday, October 9, 2014

WWTTD?

What Would Teacher Tom Do?

Having some discipline challenges in the classroom. I find myself asking, WWTTD? I think that guy is awesome and I appreciate his approach to the profession.  All afternoon Ive been meditating on how to get the results I want from my students without humiliating them, without intimidating them and without ruining our fragile trusting relationship. Today, admittedly, I didn't do so well. I feel awful cause I engaged in numerous power struggles. It is my intention to not repeat today's setbacks. I'm kinda at a loss for ideas.... So, again... What Would Teacher Tom Do?
...pulling up his blog now,

teachertomsblog.blogspot.com

Yep, average Joe White Guy.... Hey, this superhero gets kids though.... He seems to teach from a sincere place and he insights worthy of sharing..... Please believe Im on the hunt for the Black, Feminine version of Teacher Tom.... feel free to refer her blogs or books... in the meantime, I'll be reading his archives.....


Follow-Up: BINGO!!!  http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/circle-time.html

                                      http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/for-that-purpose-alone.html


No comments:

Post a Comment