Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu, Interview



Last Sunday, August 28, Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu come onto my radio show for a brief interview. As one of my co-hosts always says, #Winning! In past blogs I referenced his contributions to the scholarship of educating Black children, so getting him on the phone was major. Of course I took notes:

  • Dr. Kunjufu referenced a study (Name Unknown) that showed the racial academic achievement gaps closed for Black children when homeschooled.
  • Principes for Parents and Educators to best 'Guide Genius'-
    • Higher Expectations
    • Greater Time on Task
    • Cooperative Collaborations
    • Single-Gender Classrooms
Dr. Kunufu only gave us 20 minutes so we weren't able to really pick his brain. The tidbits he provided is a starting point. I will include some of his media for further reference:


No comments:

Post a Comment